Monday, October 01, 2007

Gotta Like the Marlins

"It was a big game for us, one of the biggest games in club history besides the playoffs because there was a lot riding on today," pitcher Dontrelle Willis said.

I like the Marlins style. If they couldn't make the playoffs they were going to do their best to keep a team they don't like out of the playoffs.
"I'm happy for (the Phillies). I have a very close friend of mine that I grew up with on that team," Willis said, referring to Jimmy Rollins. "I'm sure he's thanking me right now."

Dontrelle Willis and Jimmy Rollins are childhood friends, I didn't know that - interesting.
Ross said the win was extra satisfying for Marlins players who remember last September when they lost to the Mets and watched them celebrate the division-clinching victory on the field.

I was actually watching the Nationals broadcast of Sunday's game and the announcers made it sound like they enjoyed what they were seeing because the Nationals look up to the Phillies in terms of their new stadium and having die-hard fans like Philly.

Marlins revel in ruining Mets' season: "But Sunday's victory in front of 54,453 at Shea might rank as their biggest in New York since Josh Beckett's shutout of the Yankees clinched the 2003 World Series at Yankee Stadium."

No comments: