Monday, December 04, 2006

Don't Call Pujols Bonds Yet

Pujols wants to apologize specifically to Ryan Howard, saying what was in the newspapers is not what he meant.
"I feel so bad because I love Ryan Howard," Pujols told USA Today. "I never said he didn't deserve the MVP. He is deserving of that award. He earned it. That's why he got it. I'm not trying to defend myself; I just want to tell him that I'm sorry for all of this because he earned the MVP. The last thing I want to do is spoil this for him."
Regardless of that statement he still did say "I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP."
Pujols told USA Today he was hurt at how his comments were portrayed in the media.
Maybe it's a thing with spanish translation, if so someone please explain it for me. Otherwise I wouldn't call it a misunderstanding, I'd more call it Pujols realized everyone thought he was an asshole and he realized that he was an asshole. Is he sincere in his apology, not sure. Just thought I'd pass this story along in case it goes unnoticed.


Also, on a side note Sammy Sosa is 100% sure that a Major League team is going to want him for next season, let's see how that plays out.

No comments: