Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gillick Better Not Be Done

It's not even December yet and I'm already getting antsy for Gillick to get some solid stuff done on the Phillies. I don't know if anyone else feels that way. I think there is a pretty decent amount of action going on in the MLB world and the Phils don't seem to really be a part of that right now. They didn't win any of the rights for any of the Japanese players, I kind of would have liked to see a Japanese player come to the Phils, since apparently it is going to be part of the future of baseball. We don't want the Phillies to miss out on the addition of Japanese to the game like they were late on the addition of Blacks to baseball.
Wes Helms and Adam Eaton are the only additions so far this year.
Tim over at MLB Trade Rumors even feels bad for Phils fans.
- Phils sign Eaton. I read this and said aloud, "Eh." My wife looked at me funny for grunting at the computer. If I were a Phillies fan, I'd be kind of annoyed by this signing. It seems as if Pat Gillick couldn't find a way to spend the money he had earmarked for a big bat so he went with Eaton and Wes Helms. This is not exciting.
Hopefully we get some good news before Christmas, I'm still optimistic, I've added a countdown clock until Spring Training starts on the sidebar. I know we all can't wait.

edit: let me know if the counter doesn't work for you

No comments: