Monday, February 12, 2007

Fantasy Baseball

Spring Training is almost upon us which means it's almost time for fantasy baseball season.
So now you can't go into a fantasy draft on your own. What tools do you use?
You can't just use Yahoo's default rankings, they are no good. And now I'd probably end up buying a magazine anyway, so why now just do something easier and buy something online.
I have found a few sites and I would your suggestions on which is the best.
Rotoworld.com has an appealing package for fantasy owners that seems pretty thorough, it updates through the season, and it costs $14.95.
Roto Authority sells an excel program (don't let that make you think it sucks I say the sample) for $9.95. One of the things I liked about it is that you can use it during your draft and tell it what players got drafted so it will take them off the board for you. It also has a lot of rankings and it seems to be a good buy if you are in an auction league.
Then of course there is ESPN.com and it's insider/fantasy sections, both of which are very nice. I haven't done fantasy on espn yet, but I got an insider subscription and it's a must.

So let me know which one you like or if you know of any others and I'll edit this post and add them in.
Also if anyone wants me in their fantasy league, just ask, I'd love to do a few leagues.

1 comment:

Tent Time said...

The best tool to use on draft day is the ESPN.com "average live draft position" list. Really helpful in trying to figure out where players will go. Although there are always a few idiots in every league who will draft Chien Ming Wang in the 3rd round. God, I need to masturbate or something...