Friday, February 16, 2007

Garcia won't make plans past October

Freddy Garcia doesn't want to start talking about a contract yet. This being the final year of his contract, he will be a free agent at the end of the season. He doesn't want to sign a long term deal with Philly now because as he said, "I've only been in Philadelphia once. I want to make sure I like it. I want to make sure my family is comfortable." He also said he doesn't want to negotiate a contract during the season.
So Phils fans we better enjoy Garcia this year because if next years free agents get as much money as they did this offseason then Garcia will be going to the team that gives him the most money.


Philadelphia Daily News | 02/16/2007 | Garcia won't make plans past October: "The Phillies traded prospects Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez to the White Sox for Garcia to bolster their rotation. They might extend him beyond this season, after his contract expires."

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

I think next year's FA signings will make more sense, I hope the GMs learn from the idiotic numbers issued to mediocre talent (i.e. Eaton). If Freddy goes out and wins 16-20 games for us - he should get paid well, and I hope it's with us

Old Fat Ted said...

I'm not going to hate on the eaton signing, its not my money and the phils aren't complaining about having made bad signings and not having money to do things. also he hasnt pitched an inning for us yet, give him a shot.

also, furiousball, thanks for the comments, please keep them coming. got a blog of your own?