Saturday, June 10, 2006

Underdogs and Cheaters

I hate Argentina. I love the underdogs. It must be a philly thing, I got to watch the first half of the Trinidad and Tobago game, but not the second which turns out was actually the better half. It's awesome that they played so well and held up the draw against a team they were picked to lose against. I hope they continue to play well and it will be a lot of fun to watch them.
Right now I'm watching Ivory Coast losing 2-0 to Argentina. Ivory Coast is the great team that Bono, I, and the rest of the world want to see win. But nope they are probably going to lose to the most hated (my opinion) team in the world. Argentina is a team full of cocky, cry babies with ugly hair cuts. Argentina will take a dive and go down to the ground if anyone touches them. Just watch any of their games. Someone gets tapped on the shoulder and they go down like their career is over. Ivory Coast just had a PK taken from them in the 69th minute. An Ivory Coast striker was legitimately fouled in the box, but no call. If you don't believe me about the taking a dive thing watch any of the Argentian games, watch any of the Argentian players when the play in the professional leagues. They are all poor sports and I hope they don't make it out of qualifying.
Well enjoy the rest of the World Cup. Can't wait for Mexico vs Iran on ABC HD tomorrow.

No comments: