Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Phillies Getting Frustrated

I don't think I have to highlight the fact that Manuel wanted to fight Howard Eskin, many places are going to highlight that. And it will be fun to see how that turns out and what Eskin says today on his show. Plenty of places are going to keep you updated on that feud so I won't go into it too much. Basically the Phillies start winning and the reporters won't give you crap Charlie. I hate Howard Eskin just as much as the next guy, but come on Charlie the Phils are really sucking it up.

Hate nothing more than to see the Phillies lose to the Mets and I just got a few notes from following the gamecast last night. I didn't follow the whole thing, I decided there were better things I could do with my night than watch the Phillies lose again - I hate that I thought that.
-Howard continued his struggles with an ugly double play to start off the game.
-The Mets' offseason acquisition, Moises Alou, destroyed our offseason acquisition, Freddy Garcia. Kind of ironic isn't it.
-Pat Burrell had a nice clutch groundout in the 3rd.
-In that big top 5th for the Mets, the Phillies let the pitcher, Tom Glavine, get a hit. Why do the Phillies always let the pitcher get on base and it always comes back to haunt them.
-In the Phils' half of the 5th the inning started off well with a nice double by JRoll and a Victorino walk, but then 2 K's (Utley and Howard) and a foul pop out (Burrell) the inning was over.

Basically the Phillies can't get runners home, they are getting on base but no one is knocking them in. A nice outing by Freddy, no one wonder the White Sox gave him to us. Hopefully it is just a case of the Garcia being 'rusty' as Phillies.com calls it.

Phillies manager's frustrations boil over after loss - ESPN.com
Manuel confronts reporter after loss - Phillies.com
Charlie Manuel Challenges Howard Eskin To Fight - the700level.com
"I'll Be Waitin' On Ya" - Balls, Sticks, & Stuff
Video of the confrontation - NBC10.com

1 comment:

GM-Carson said...

...and bring in the clowns