Friday, April 27, 2007

Schilling Dares You to Test His Blood

I thought it was a hilarious story to begin with - the idea that Curt Schilling would put fake blood on his sock during a World Series game. Now I believe that the blood is real, but I almost want it to be fake because that would just be hilarious.
Apparently the way this worked out was that Gary Thorne overheard Doug Mirabelli joke around and say the blood was fake, Mirabelli wasn't talking directly to him about it. Or at least thats how I think it went down. Some poor reporting by an apparently crappy play-by-play guy, but it's funny how blown up the story got.
Schilling really goes off on a long tirade in his blog and I suggest reading through it some here.
"I'll wager one million dollars to the charity of anyone's choice, versus the same amount to ALS. If the blood on the sock is fake, I'll donate a million dollars to that person's charity; if not, they donate that amount to ALS. Any takers?"
ESPN.com - MLB - Schilling blasts media, makes $1M dare: "'It was blood. You can choose to believe whatever you need to, but facts are facts,' he wrote. 'The 25 guys that were in that locker room, the coaches, they all know it. In the end nothing else really matters. The people that need to believe otherwise are people with their own insecurities and issues.'"

No comments: